Benefits of working together
Setting up a working group helps your business:
- share workload and responsibility
- meet regularly and track progress
- keep going when employees move on
- make a long term commitment
How to set up your group
If your business has multiple employees, you can set up a group within your organisation. If you are a 1-person business, consider organising with others in your local area.
You can follow these steps to set up a working group:
- Establish group guidelines and ways of working.
- Appoint a leader and scribe.
- Write down a shared understanding of the problem.
- Come up with ideas for solving it.
- Decide on specific tasks and divide them.
- Ensure that each group member has responsibility.
- Decide on deadlines and regular follow-up meetings.
For an example, read how Companies House formed an environmental working group to reduce emissions and waste disposal.