We must reach net zero carbon emissions globally by 2050 to limit global warming to manageable levels.
This means rapidly reducing the emissions being released into the Earth’s atmosphere and removing greenhouse gases to avoid dangerous climate change.
You can reduce emissions by using electric vehicles or renewable forms of energy such as solar panels.
By reducing carbon emissions and moving to net zero, your business can:
- cut energy and transport costs
- qualify for tax benefits
- meet environmental regulations
- attract new customers and investors
- help those in your supply chain meet new targets
- attract and retain employees who care about the environment
What you can do
Reduce your carbon footprint
- switch to renewable energy
- use electric vehicles
- reduce emissions from freight and logistics
- reduce waste and recycle more
- improve insulation at your workplace
- build a greener supply chain
You can take no-cost or low-cost actions to reduce energy costs now.
Track your progress
- Measure your carbon emissions using a carbon calculator.
- Calculate the cost of your carbon emissions.
- Share your progress on your website.
Help and support
There is both free and paid help available. For example, you could: