Accessibility statement for Business Climate Hub’s website
This accessibility statement applies to Business Climate Hub’s website, https://businessclimatehub.uk.
We are committed to making our website accessible to as many people as possible, including those with disabilities.
You should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as clear and simple as possible to understand.
How accessible this website is
Business Climate Hub’s website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.2 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible for the following reasons:
- the text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, contact email@example.com.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of our website. If you find any problems that are not listed on this page or you think we’re not meeting the accessibility requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will try to get back to you within 5 business days.
If you contact us with a complaint and you’re not happy with our response contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Business Climate Hub is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.2 AA standard. The exemptions are listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Navigation and accessing information
- WCAG: 1.3.5 AA: Identify Input Purpose – It will be difficult for motor impaired users to enter the same data again and again if auto suggestion is not provided.
Interactive tools and transactions
- WCAG: 2.4.5 AA: Multiple Ways – Keyboard users and screen reader users may have difficulty in accessing the browser’s back button when these are loaded in the browser
- WCAG: 4.1.3 AA: Status Messages – A non-sighted user will not get the idea that what is happening in the page when uploading process is going on
Images with no text alternative
- some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.2 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content).
We plan to add text alternatives for all images by November 2023. When we publish new content we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
Content that is not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
- PDFs and other documents: Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we provide template letters and advice aids as Word documents. Some PDF files are not accessible but wherever possible we have provided an accessible Word version. Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Navigation and accessing information
There’s no way to skip the repeated content in the page header (for example, a ‘skip to main content’ option).
It’s not always possible to change the device orientation from horizontal to vertical without making it more difficult to view the content.
It’s not possible for users to change text size without some of the content overlapping.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We have worked hard to ensure that this website is partially compliant with AA WCAG 2.2 and achieved this in July 2023. Our ambition is to update this website in 2023-24 so that it meets with the AA WCAG 2.2 standard.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on July 26th 2023. It was last reviewed on October 18th 2023.
This website was internally tested on October 18th 2023. The website was assessed against the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines WCAG 2.2.